Welcome back to America’s most award-winning dining program!
We’ve missed you and hope you’ve had a great winter break and are eager to be back at UMass, especially UMass Dining.
Our goal, as always, is to provide you healthy, sustainable and delicious food, served in the most convenient and flexible manner; building a community around food. Here at UMass, we believe in continuous improvement, we listened to you, the world’s best customers, via surveys, emails, social media, and just "plain talk." Additionally, we enlisted a professional research company, The Hartman Group, and conducted an ethnographic study of UMass’ food culture.
You told us you love UMass Dining and the newly renovated BlueWall. Students like yourself are demanding more fruits and vegetables, plant-based proteins, improved grab-and-go options, a faster turn-around during the lunch period and an even greater variety of healthier offerings.
Tomorrow marks the beginning of the 2015 spring semester, we are excited to unveil new and exciting offerings that are sure to enhance your dining experience.
Here’s what's coming this semester:
1. Expanded prepared food sections in all DCs lunch grab-and-go, now open until 5pm at Worcester, Franklin and Berkshire DCs.
2. A new spring menu cycle at the Chef Station, featuring more Mediterranean items and plant-based proteins - that are healthier, taste good and are good for you too.
3. Grass-fed beef is being served at UMass, starting at Hampshire DC, with plans to expand to the rest of the DCs. Grass-fed is a leaner, natural source of protein with no hormones or antibiotics. You will love it.
4. Express Lines at Blue Wall will happen soon. Our goal is to serve you quicker and with better service, in less than 5 minutes.
5. We have planned several major specials to wow you, including a Student Iron Chef competition (February), Chinese New Year (February), Best Campus Food Event (March), The Flavors of Canada (April), Taste of UMass (April), Senior Appreciation Dinner (April) and this week, featuring your favorite entrees at each meal period.
6. The University Club has been renovated and will be open tomorrow. You will love it with new carpet, new furniture, new greeting area and most importantly, a new menu. Come and visit us for dinner.
7. There will be even more local/regional protein sources such as chicken, fish and vegetables. Year to date, we have spent over 2.5 million dollars in supporting a resilient New England regional food system and are continuing to create a model of sustainability, in partnership with area K12 schools, hospitals and other higher education accounts.
8. The Pats are in the Super Bowl again this year! We will have a tail gate menu in place on game day, Sunday, to serve you quickly so that you can enjoy the game. Go Pats!!
We look forward to serving you during this semester and beyond.
This is Ken Toong; Thank You for keeping UMass Dining at the top.