Planning an Event
- University Club has private rooms that can host events for up to 40 people or the entire club can be rented for private events for 50 to 100 people.
- Please make reservations by calling the club manager at (413) 545-2551.
- Any group larger than 20 people must pre-order at least 10 days in advance.
- University Club members have priority in booking specific rooms.
- Final menu choices must be made at least ten days in advance.
- Number of guests attending must be finalized within five days of the event. If not, the University Club will use your original estimate to prepare and bill for your event.
- When booking an event, please tell us the nature of the occasion.
- Events cancelled seven business days prior to the event will receive a full refund.
- Events cancelled less than seven business days prior to the event will be charged a fee equal to 50% of the food charges.
- Events cancelled within 24 hours of the planned event will be charged a fee equal to 100% of the food charges.
- In the event of inclement weather, a cancellation fee will not be billed if the event is re-scheduled within 21 days.
- Monday to Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
All rooms in the Stockbridge-Boltwood House and the Homestead House are available for private events. Guests who would like to host events at the University Club may request a specific room; however the final decision will be made by management based on availability. Guests will be notified in advance in which room their event will be held. Review room options.
Cocktail Receptions and Banquets
- Saturday and Sunday: $250 and/or 20 guests
- Monday thru Friday: No minimums
- Food price quotes are guaranteed for 30 days prior to the event. Menu prices do not include applicable taxes or the 18% house charge.
- Any event, before 11:00 a.m. – $40
- Any event, after 9:00 p.m. – $40
- Private room, peak hours* half day - $40
- Private room, peak hours* full day – $80
- Private room, non-peak hours* half day - no charge
- Private room, non-peak hours* full day – $40
- Entire club – $400
- *Peak hours are defined as 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. during fall and spring semesters.
- University Club Member charge account
- University Recharges (“SpeedType” Number Required before function begins)
- Master Card, Visa, American Express
- UMass Travel Card or Pro-Card
** A 50% deposit is required for events costing greater than $1,000. The deposit is waived for Members and University departments. **
Food & Beverage Regulations
- All food and beverages served in the University Club must be supplied and served by us. No outside food or beverage can be brought in without prior approval from the Manager.
- Decorated cakes (wedding, birthday, etc.) are the only exception.
- The University Club is not liable for any items left behind at the close of the function.
- Pursuant to University Health Regulations, all food must be consumed on the premises.
- Liquor, beer or wine cannot be brought in to the University Club under any circumstances.
- All alcoholic beverages will be served with full regard to the laws pertaining to such service of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
University Club Rules of Conduct
The following are our policies. It is the responsibility of the event host to inform their guests and ensure that they comply.
- Dress Code: Business casual
- Smoking/Drinking: The house is a smoke free building. There is a designated smoking area outside. No guest will be served without valid ID to verify he or she is 21 years or older. The restaurant reserves the right to deny drinking privileges, at any time, if the condition warrants.
- Host Responsibilities: The host of the function is indirectly responsible for the behavior of the guest and ensuring our policies are followed. The host of the event is responsible for any damage or incurred expense to the club due to any inappropriate use of the facility or failure to comply with rules of conduct.
In the event that we can not handle your event, we will assist you in contacting our University Catering Department.